Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chicken Run!!!

Well, a couple of firsts for me (Laurie) this last few weeks.
The first one was transporting 3800 2 day old chicks from Kampala to Southern Sudan - I wasn't quite sure what to expect before I arrived at the plane. They were packed in cardboard boxes divided into quarters with two boxes tied together. We filled the rear compartment of the Grand Caravan and then proceeded to fill up the aircraft from the back forwards. Now, I don't know if you have ever been around a few thousand day old chicks, but the "Cheep, Cheep" was extremely loud! Check out the video below to hear what I mean. And remember this was before I got into the plane and closed the doors! I am very glad for 2 things on that flight - 1. a very good headset that blocked out the sound! and 2. the fact that the air comes in the front of the aircraft and out the back - boy did they pong!

No comments: