Saturday, August 20, 2011

Woo Hoo! It's back and great!

Well - I must admit I am very, very impressed with the service from Lightspeed - you could say they worked at light speed! I now have my headset back, mended and working. Not only that, but there was no charge for the repair, or for shipping it back Fed-Ex to Uganda!

I wore it for the first time again last Friday - it is so much lighter and cuts out so much more background noise than the one I was using in the interim (although that was pretty good too).

Also the weather on Friday was actually very good - in the past few weeks we have had a LOT of bad weather - sometimes meaning we cannot reach our destination on the day we were supposed to! We went back the next day and picked them up though - didn't leave them stranded! This photo was taken over Northern Uganda - near the Kidepo Valley (one of the National parks in Uganda) where I saw a herd of Zebra and had to buzz a load of antelope off the runway before I landed.

I am planning not to trip on the cable in the near future..

1 comment:

The Derksen Family said...

Hello. Thanks for your info on our "Uganda Time" clock. I changed it the next day. Karen and I were wondering if you could email us so that we could email you back with some questions that we have about life in Uganda. We're sure excited to be coming and to meet you and the others who are already there. I hope you're having a splendid evening over there.

dallas.derksen@gmail.com

Also, do you like the lightspeed? It's the one that I'm planning to bring over also.